I recently read a blog post by Tyson Popplestone that resonated with me. It was about 30 ways to simplify your life. Whist I try to do many of these things, it’s a good reminder to come back to.
The ones I find particularly useful are:
- Say ‘no’ sometimes.
- Check email, Facebook and news once or twice a day. Not multiple times during the day, or as soon as I wake-up or before going to bed.
- De-clutter – home and desk at work.
- Establish routines – I’ve written about this before and how establishing something as a routine means we don’t have to keep making a decision to do something. We’ve already made-up our mind in advance.
- Live frugally – consider purchases and choose quality over quantity.
- Don’t allow debt.
- Consider what is ‘enough’ for you. I like to remind myself that I have enough sometimes when my mind is craving.
- Meditate, do yoga, walk.
- Eat simply – natural foods.
- Take a day-off from media.
- Give everything a place.
- Stop multi-tasking.
- Take an annual retreat – or three or four in my case!